Sewing Projects on the Long Weekend



Along with enjoying the gorgeous (hot!) weather we had for the first half of our long weekend, I did get to spend some time sewing. For some scrappy fun, I took the blue fabric pieces that Amandajean sent and made a little quilted bag from them.
I also finished piecing the quilt top (thanks to Roxanne for finding the final piece I needed!) on my vintage blue sheet quilt and began the machine quilting.


I'm having a blast just making up the quilting design as I go along.
I'm loving the look of all these vintage fabrics together.

How was your weekend?


Comments

  1. I love your work, really. And you work so quickly! All that in a weekend!
    We have a good weekend in family, but it was raining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive weekend you had! That little zippered puch is sweet - love the heart appliques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilting on your blue quilt! I'm so glad you were able to finish it with the fabric I sent. The little pouch is adorable as well! We had a great weekend of pretty much nothing. Sometimes you need one of those, you know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilting on the blue quilt looks fabulous! I can imagine the wonderful texture that the quilting adds. and I am glad that you got some use from the blue scraps. the pouch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those are both beautiful Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the little bag! and the quilt is looking wonderful! can't wait to see it in person.
    xojacq

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little pouch and beautiful quilt! You do good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the peeks of your vintage sheet quilt - the quilting just gives it such a wonderful texture and character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is looking gorgeous!
    We can see it was a productive weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somehow or other I lost your blog. Got it on my bloglines again. I have some reading to do to catch up. I'll be back! LOVE those vintage sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The vintage sheet quilt is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!