More important

The past week has been filled with my continuing search for a rental house for my family ( I've looked at so many ads that I see them in my sleep at night ) add in some house viewings and then the birthday of our youngest son, all while I've been fighting off a cold and you have the makings of a tiring week.
I have kept our belongings packed to motivate the search. We're still sleeping in our sleeping bags, keeping our clothes in duffels bags and sitting on the floor or staircase to eat. This week I gave in. First, there was the homecooked meal and fresh baked bread (all requiring me to open boxes).

The end of the week found me putting the legs back on our kitchen table, but not for us to dine at. For a more important reason...
for me to finish quilting my star quilt!
I realized that I must be patient with my house search and waiting until we move again before I resumed my sewing, was really not making me happy. Sewing makes me happy, so why should it be held off as if it's a reward? My family seems to agree that using the table for sewing rather than for dining, is more important right now.
We all know that a happy woman= a happy family. ;o)

Comments

  1. Surely your family and you are right!!!
    Good whishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put the legs back on the table for a very important reason - that isn't giving in, that is sensible ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are keeping your spirits up with some quilting! Good luck with your search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea! Sewing will help alleviate the stress looking for a house creates. Hope you find a great one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to see that you are sewing again. I bet that makes everything better. :) your quilt is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Katherine! Sewing and crafting is the only thing that keeps me sane, so I completely understand! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my dear, I feel for you! I’m glad to see you made a very good decision to use the dinner-table for quilting. The quilt looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes...I definitely think rewarding yourself with a bit of sewing is well overdue. What a beautiful quilt...very cheery...glad to hear it's put a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes....sewing is such a delight and can bring so much happiness. I hope the house search goes even better now that the sewing machine is up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, you will feel much better now! Gorgeous quilt! I would love to see it spread out! We are to the part of the setting blocks, and I am trying to decide what color to use in them. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That quilt! Blue and red, a favorite color combo.Happy making sewing. Centering. Your family knows what you need. Take good care of yourself. Transition is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this must be a stressful time for you and your family. it's a good thing to give up the table for a bit of stress relief. good luck in the search!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!