Today

Thirty-nine years ago today, I celebrated my very first birthday.

Today, marks another birthday milestone. I am now officially a member of the 30:10 club. (Here's my initiation photo... two way mirror to the rescue in this self portrait).


One year ago today, my family and I arrived at dawn, in a new city, after driving through the night. This was the I first time I laid eyes on Edith, the one hundred year old house, that was to be my home for the next 10 1/2 months. I cried. (I was so overtired from the move, the drive and then to discover how dirty and smelly our new "digs" were. It didn't make for a very happy birthday. )
Note to self: Don't move on your birthday.


Today, I'm still getting settled into Woodrow, the upgrade from Edith, and I'm happy, well-rested and looking forward to enjoying my birthday. ;o)


Today, I finally have some sewing to share! Check out my new lounge pants, made from a vintage sheet. Oh, how I love 100% cotton - especially the softness that comes from vintage goodness.

Today, I'm going to skip all housework, eat some chocolate, do some quilting, drink some tea, relax and enjoy being home with my family. Here's hoping your 'today' is filled with wonderfulness too!

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Katherine! Have a wonderful day. May you quilt and relax all day. (Woodrow looks pretty good!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Katherine... I interrupt my Summer holiday blog lurking...LOL, to leave you a message.. I wish you the Happiest of Birthdays!!!! (40?!?!?!?)

    What a wonderful picture! It’s so nice to see you, you’re so handsome! Hope you’re doing fine in your new Home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Katherine! I wish you a very wonderful relaxing day. I hope the coming year brings you much happiness. (And you certainly don't look 40!) Enjoy your day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a wonderful and relaxing day today, my friend. I hope you've gotten started on that chocolate. ;-) I so hope this will be the first day of a really amazing year for you. You're always in my thoughts.
    Lovely to see a photo of your new place and...of you! Can't believe it has been a year since I've seen you. Boy, your hair has grown. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine!!!! Have a happy birthday!
    You are lovely! Remember the 40's are the best!
    Many many hugs&kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy birthday to you Katherine. Wish I looked that good at 40! Best wishes, Bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katherine,
    Its so nice to SEE you! You're gorgeous! And just a baby.;) I'm a whole 4 years older than you. Which is why I only posted my photo from a distance. LOL

    SO glad to see you're getting settled in to the new house. Lovely home, by the way, and how nice to have such a good size room to yourself for sewing.

    I'm totally digging the lounge pants! Vintage sheets are sooooo soft, I need to make myself a pair...when are you posting the tutorial? ;)

    Enjoy your relaxing day.
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! Woodrow looks so much more pleasanter than Edith. Chocolate, tea, friends and craft sounds a perfect way to spend a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hapy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you...... Have a wonderful day! Glad to see you are well settled in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i hope your day was wonderful! sending you big happy birthday hugs:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday and welcome to "the club"....!

    I hope that this year is a wonderful one for you, and that the house, job and sewing are all thoroughly enjoyed!!

    I'm amazed by your scrappy quilt. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to you!

    Welcome to the 30:10! I have a graduated to the 30:10:2 and all is well. Enjoy this year and I hope it brings much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine! I am loving to have a face to put with a name! You are such a lovely person inside and now I can say outside as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope that you will accept my very belated happy birthday wishes!!! it's so fun to see you on your blog. you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!