Hop to it!

 
How about a last minute entry for the Emerald Challenge?
 
2013 Emerald Quilt Challenge
 
 
Yet again, I used the Diamond Pillow Pattern (click here for pattern) created by Amanda Jean Nyberg.  I love this design! This time around, I simply chose a selection of greens to piece together with an emerald green corduroy background,
 
 
added a bunny applique


complete with a sweet vintage button for his tail
 

 
to make a Spring pillow (it finishes at 20" square).

 
The quilting is simple scallops on the patchwork squares and circles for each of the four corners.  Two favourite Denyse Schmidt prints were used to complete the binding and the pillow back.  Lots of green yumminess!
 


I love it when a last-minute idea comes together successfully (even if it means cutting things close to the deadline ;o).




There's a link party/gallery, hosted HERE - so hop on over to see all the beautiful Emerald Challenge creations. 

 

 You can also find everyone participating HERE on the Flickr group. 

 

 Here's hoping all our green creations will encourage some Spring weather... bringing an end to all the snow we keep receiving. ;o)

Comments

  1. it is so cute. We will need lots and lots of green projects to get spring here I think :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously springy. Could do with some of that here - we just have rain and fog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very seasonal and a lovely finish. Love the cord background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so cute and the little button is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's got a bunny on it!!! I LOVE it. It's got a bunny on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it´s so cute!
    Love that you placed the little bunny in the mittle and added those cute buttons!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!