Friday's Finish - Pop Star Quilt

Pop Star Quilt is my version of Sarah Fielke's Made in Cherry Quilt.
 
Is it wrong that each quilt I finish becomes my newest favourite? ;o)
  This week's favourite?
 
 
 
It was at the top of my Q2 Finish-A-Long list - so finishing makes me happy, but I think it's the colours and quilting that have me loving my newest quilt. ;o)
 
she can quilt

 
Truthfully, I never thought I'd be making a  quilt using purple. 
 Purple is the colour most absent from my stash. Perhaps that's why I still choose to think of this quilt as being more about magenta than purple.  ;o)
 Honestly, it was Liz Scott's fabric line Domestic Bliss that lured me into working with purple and pinks.


Taking inspiration from the palette in Domestic Bliss, I chose dark, medium and lights in pink and in purple to make my quilt.  Originally, I even chose a background fabric that was teal (to be like this print from Domestic Bliss),  but obviously, I  changed my mind.  Instead, I went with a bright, spring green (oh, I do love Henna Garden in any colour from Sandi Henderson).

 
 
As much as I love the front of the quilt, I'm really crushing on the back.
For the backing fabric, I chose Denyse Schmidt's Ladder Dot in Fuschia (see how nicely it goes with the fabrics in the quilt top?  that was pure luck, as I chose everything separately online over the course of a year as I collected fabrics to make this quilt).  The colour is just delicious!
 
 
 It also complements my free motion quilting!
 
 
 However, I was stuck for awhile, trying to figure out what to chose for a binding fabric.  Then it hit me... Crosshatch in Plum from Carolyn Friedlander's Architexture  line.  It would be perfect! Right?


Now I can't decide which side up I like better...
this

 
or this?
 

 
Here's to a happy week of real Spring weather (we've had temps in the mid 20's Celsius this week... woohoo!) and to a finish! ;o)
 
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts
 
 and with Quilt Matter's

Comments

  1. Oh, Katherine!
    Your quilting is superb!
    I can´t decide wich side I like the best either, but that must mean that you have made two fantastic quilts!
    Stor Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt! So beautiful & your quilting is so gorgeous. I would give each side equal display time, it's really not fair otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a gorgeous quilt. your FMQ is wonderful. I think I love the back side a wee bit more then the front.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilting you did on this quilt. With the back being so pretty too... you can change things up each week just by flipping the quilt over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo! It's beautiful, Katherine. I love purple so I'm totally crushing on your quilt! So glad you linked up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the colour and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt! I am in love with your fabric selection!
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW I'm crushing on that colour combo - it's fun and it sizzles! BTW - there's a chance of rain mixed with snow on Monday here north of Toronto --- it just never ends, LOLLLLLL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This quilt is just wonderful, so full of colour and the quilting is a great compliment to the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! What a great finish - your FMQ is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again! I just had a look around your blog. Must sign up to follow. I don't want to miss anything : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!