Makeover

Part of the new look for this pouch included adding quilting - in 12wt cotton.

Have you ever sewn something that you liked, but knew could be better?  It happens to me, too. Often, I just move on to the next project and call it a learning experience. ;o)  Sometimes, I set the project aside and wait to see if a better idea comes along so I can improve my finish.  The waiting is now over for one particular project.
9-patch blocks in quilting cotton paired with a rough weave linen form the main body of the pouch.
I decided that this zipper pouch would not only look better, but hold more if I included gussets


Dense quilting for the gussets in 12wt cotton thread add interest to the sides.

 and an interior zippered pocket.   

Love interior pockets and the chance to use zippers from my thrifting stash.
 
Plus, a bit of self made bias binding to finish it off.  In dots. Of. Course. ;o)
 
The binding is sewn to encase all raw edges and the zipper tape.  A loop is formed at one end of the zipper for ease in opening the pouch and a fabric tab encloses the opposite end of the zipper for a clean finish.
 
Funny how little changes can make such a difference.
 
 
Linking up with
for
 

Comments

  1. I liked the original but the update is just wonderful! The binding just takes it to a entire different level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH wow - the originals were adorable, but the update really kicks them up a notch - your stitching on the binding is perfect - I wish I could do that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful makeover you have woven into this finish Katherine! I LOVE the brown spotted fabric (I knew I should have bought that one I was admiring this morning!) and metal zipper! AND your Blog header is a gorgeous makeover too! It's always fun to visit your blog....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute makeover. Really sweet touches...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance you would write up a patter or share a tutorial? I want to make one just like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's like this little pouch came out of its shell and has now found that life is awesome! Fabulous makeover, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pouches are on my list to try this summer. I like how you stayed with this and perfected it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it...love it...love it. Seeing the original I wouldn't have thought you could have made it better, but you did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!