Scrappy Spin blocks

Sometimes it's funny how one project will lead to another. Currently, I'm on a mad scrap sewing binge and digging through my scrap containers, I stumbled across pieces I used to make a earlier project (shown here). Those sweet fabric scraps enticed me and the next thing I know, I started sewing blocks.  I sewed up all the leftovers and feeling pleased with the results, decided to use these blocks for sewing room projects.  First up, a patchwork cover for this machine because the vinyl one it came with is so blah (and still carries the scent of smoke, thanks to it's first owner).
 
 
In for a penny, in for a pound... I pulled out the containers holding my 1.5" and 2.5" strips to see if I could find a few more fabrics to use for more block making.  Bingo!
 
Most of these blocks are made using strips I already had cut and stashed.  The finished blocks are 3.5".

It's pretty obvious that in the intervening years since I first sewed a few of these blocks, that my stash of quilting cottons grew. I love having more fabric choices for a great scrappy mix!  However, just like the first time around, I'm pairing up the cottons with white linen that started out as a skirt (one of my thrift store scores that I'm happily repurposing).  I decided I would keep making these blocks until there's nothing left of the skirt.  I have no idea how many blocks that will give me, but I know it will be more than enough to sew a cover for my serger.   ;o)

Comments

  1. I do love your tenacity and zeal at re-purposing fabrics! Even a skirt! It must be very satisfying to create such beautiful things....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely blocks! Good luck! :) Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will make a darling cover for your serger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use for all those scraps, and make your sewing room look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are so pretty and they look like they'd be really quick to sew a bunch once you've got all the pieces cut. I can't wait to see them when they're finished into projects for your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these blocks are adorable... such fun colors! Perfect for a serger cover to admire every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colourful blocks. Good for you for re-purposing a thrifted skirt. I love re-using fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty blocks, a great way to re-purpose old clothes too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What colorful blocks. A great way to re-purpose clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!